Thursday, April 26, 2007

my mix tapes 1

A few weeks back I wrote about going through a box of old mix tapes. These are some thoughts on a few more tapes. These were all created by me.

I thought it was very clever to give my mixes "deep" names (although looking at some covers of ones other people made for me, I don't think I'm the only one who tried to come up with deep titles). I also liked to date the mixes so I'll try to do these in somewhat chronological order.

Happy Face Sticker Ring People created on October 26, 1991
(The title references an obsession I had at the time with happy face stickers and rings from the dentist's office. Around that same time I made a pair of earrings out of the faces from plastic happy face rings. Like I said, I thought I was deep.)

Side A
  • There's No Other Way Blur
  • JD's Death from Heathers I think this was actually the audio from the movie
  • To the Shock of Miss Louise Thomas Newman
  • Deeper Shade of Soul Urban Dance Squad
  • Forever Young Alphaville
  • She's Leaving Home Beatles
  • Perfect Place Voice of the Beehive
  • Where Have all the Flowers Gone? Kingston Trio

Side B

  • Vegetation and Dimes Robyn Hitchcock
  • Into the Mystic Van Morrison
  • It's the End of the World REM
  • Don't Stand So Close to Me Police
  • Blister in the Sun Violent Femmes
  • She Doesn't Exist Robyn Hitchock
  • King of Pain Police
  • Mummy's Boy Madness

I'm actually surprised how many of thse songs are still among my favorites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home