Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Teach your daughter to be a prostitute dolls!

Growing up my mom was not a Barbie fan. The few dolls I had were my prize posessions. As I grew older I decided Barbie wasn't the best thing for all the "feminist" style reasons. Then about 9 years ago I saw my first Bratz doll and I decided Barbie looked like a nun. Steven calls them "Teach your daughter to be a stripper dolls."

*This is actually a very tame Bratz doll but check out the shoes!

This weekend I was floored to discover there are dolls worse than Bratz. I was on a Girls' Beach Weekend and we found this doll at a Ross store. In the little girls section we also came across a blue hoodie with "SEXY" written across the chest.

I am getting way too old.


2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I am SO thankful that Cori was never into Barbies, or dolls for that matter. I am also happy to say that just thinking about wearing the "SEXY" sweatshirt would make her cringe.

I am thankful that we have boys! Let's hope that our boys don't hook up with any girls that are subjected to these dolls!

Hope you had a great and relaxing girls' weekend! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess you haven't seen the new Barbie yet.
http://www.parentdish.com/2008/07/17/barbie-gets-leather-and-fishnets/?icid=200100397x1206049048x1200279893
or
http://perezhilton.com/2008-07-16-introducing-slutty-barbie

Mom

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home