Friday, April 11, 2008

jon & kate plus 8


Jon & Kate Plus 8 is one of my favorite shows. I tried to do an Internet search to find out what type of picnic tables they own. My search has so far been unsuccessful and that's because there are way too many message boards, blogs, etc. where people spend their time complaining about Jon & Kate's parenting skills, psychoanalyzing their marriage, and writing mean things about the kids. What horrible people.

While I believe that Jon & Kate chose to expose their family to this public scrutiny, it doesn't excuse the people who chose to write such ill things about the children. I saw thread topics where people called individual children obnoxious, where they wrote about one of the 3(!) year olds being chunkier than the others, where they called one of the girls homely, one where they talked about how one 3(!) year old pushed the other, etc.

Goodness knows what these people would say about me and my family! Too bad we can't put hidden cameras in their homes...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fortunately or unfortunately that is the way the world analyzes and makes value judgements both about themselves and others -- Pesonally -- I think the ill judgement lies more in the court of the folks willing to expose themselves and their familities to that kind of "realisim." Heaven knows just my friends and families know more about me than is sometimes comfortable -- WHY would someone what to put themselves and their famlilies through that??? Thank goodness we've stopped being so unkind to politician's children.auntie

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We live in an age where it is okay to be rude and judgemental. There has been a proliferation of those that do not remove the plank from their own eye before judging others. Negative people seem to think that strangers actually care about their opinions when they are posted on the Internet. I would tend to believe that a large number of people using blogging, using message boards, etc. to offer their negative opinions to absolute strangers may not have friends that are willing to listen to them or their friends are tired of listening to them so they have to pursue alternate audiences. I wish there were many, many more opportunities to hear and see positive things. I still want to start my news channel that carries only good and positive news.
queen of second grade

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home