Thursday, August 16, 2007

first haircuts


The boys had their first haircuts yesterday. Steven had been pushing for haircuts for awhile and I'd been putting it off (not ready to have my one and only "first haircut" experience come and go too quickly) but Aaron's ever-growing mullet forced me to give in. He was beginning to have that "redneck Wal-Mart child" look.

The compromise on the haircut issue was that Steven give in to my request that Aaron have a mohawk. My little wild man now looks just as wild as he acts! He loved the whole experience and was absolutely adorable when he saw his finished reflection in the mirror.

Conner's hair is a different texture and not long enough so we couldn't give him a mohawk, just a normal haircut. It's cute but it makes him look like a "big boy" so I'm a little sad because it reminds me just how fast they're growing...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

All I can say is... Dylan has taken the "redneck Walmart child" look to a new meaning. I have been trying to hold off for quite some time now, but I am now at the point that I need to admit (and you are the first one to hear it)... Dylan NEEDS a haircut. Jim has been pushing it for 2 months now, and I think the time has finally come. I went out last night and left jim to give Dylan a bath. Well, he woke up with the CRAZIEST hair you have ever seen on a child... it was SCARY. (Jim didn't brush it before putting him down for bed.) So... I have come to face the fact that my baby needs his first haircut too! How cool is it that we are going through these milestones together? I love you guys!

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I need some education mommies. What's with NOT wanting to cut the hair. I think it would be SO exciting to have that first haircut for my "son (s)." Shows I haven't taking parenting 101.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - is that not the cutest thing you've EVER seen. Where in the world do you get such good ideas!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home