Monday, July 23, 2007

melissa



If you're lucky, you have at least one person in your life who you've known forever and a day. Someone who is not a family member, but has been in your life almost as long. And if you're really blessed that person has stayed in your life DESPITE life. Somehow they're still around despite petty disagreements over the years, being miles apart and having lives so vastly different you can't begin to imagine what it's like to be the other person. They've known you since you wore blue eyeshadow and had your hair in a poodle perm and they still love you.


I am just that lucky.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I have a "Melissa" too.... although her name is Janice. She and I have been friends since we were 3 (lived across the street from each other in Brooklyn), and we still talk and share our life stories. Sometimes it will be 6 months or a year that will go by, that we actually talk on the phone, but we seem to pick up right where we left off. I know we live very different lives and it may be some time til we can actually see each other again, but I know we will be friends til are old and gray. She will be away when I take my trip to NY, but I know we will catch up at some point in our life. By the way, I have to admit, I was the one with the poodle perm, but I believe we BOTH wore blue eyeshadow!

8:46 PM  
Blogger virge said...

Does the Janice/Melissa thing count as another thing in common?

I can't picture you with a poodle perm and blue eyeshadow! Did you wear blue mascara with your blue eyeshadow? Did you wear your jacket off the shoulders or did that style not reach Brooklyn?

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home