Tuesday, June 19, 2007

my mix 5

Why Don't We Do It In the Road? a car mix created on October 26, 1993

I made the cover of this mix by taking tissue paper (I think it's the multi-color, almost floral, pattern that Victoria's Secret used to put in their bags.) and gluing it down on cardstock paper. The paper's pattern is so dark that it's really hard to read what I wrote.

Side A
  • Everything's Alright from Jesus Christ Superstar
  • Dr. Bernice Cracker
  • Bye Bye Blackbird Joe Cocker Back in 2005 I posted about how much I love this song.
  • Redemption Song Bob Marley
  • Birthday Sugarcubes
  • Cocoon Siouxsie & the Banshees
  • Wild World Cat Stevens
  • Tom Dooley Kingston Trio
  • Joker Steve Miller Band One of those classic high school songs, like "Blister in the Sun" I think this song makes you think of high school no matter when you graduated. While there are so many memories with this song, for some reason it most often reminds me of driving around Old Field with several girls in the car. I can't remember who all was in the car and I don't remember exactly what time of year it was, but it was fairly warm. We had the windows down and were in a caravan of cars. I think Mark, Dennis, etc. were in front of us and we ended up partying on someone's (Allison's?) beach. It obviously wasn't a very extraordinary night since I don't remember major details, but the song reminds me of that drive and that feeling of aimless fun.
  • What I Am Edie Brickell & the New Bohemians
  • Tommy Can You Hear Me? from Tommy
  • Here I have an arrow that goes back to above Joker Why Don't We Do it in the Road? Beatles

Side B

  • Mercedes Benz Janis Joplin
  • Brown Eyed Girl Van Morrison
  • Pork Egg Roll & Cheese Ween
  • Size of a Car Wonder Stuff
  • Cecilia Simon & Garfunkel
  • On the Turning Away Pink Floyd
  • Three Little Birds Bob Marley
  • Beat Crazy (live) Joe Jackson
  • Mrs. Robinson Simon & Garfunkel
  • I Need a Man Janis Joplin
  • MTA Kingston Trio
  • I have another arrow here. This one goes about I Need a Man. Sweet Home Alabama Lynyrd Skynyrd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home