Tuesday, June 19, 2007

mix from melissa 2

Merry Christmas Mix December 24,1993

Side A

  • Blue Savannah Erasure
  • Carbbean Blue Enya
  • Jezebel 10,000 Maniacs
  • Feed the Tree Belly
  • Love's Recovery Indigo Girls
  • Ordinary World Duran Duran
  • Daughter Pearl Jam
  • Layla Eric Clapton This song always makes me think of Melissa, but for one of those odd reasons. This song was Melissa's & Mark's "song" when they dated a few years before this. Interesting how it was put on a mix for me while he & I were dating. Ahhh...high school.
  • One U2
  • For a Million Alphaville
  • Am I Right? Erasure
  • I Will Always Cranberries

Side B

  • Love Sundays
  • Precious Things Tori Amos
  • Girlfriend in a Coma Smiths
  • Runaway Train Soul Asylum
  • Brown Eyed Girl Van Morrison
  • Allison Road Gin Blossoms The song "Hey Jealousy" by Gin Blossoms always makes me think about Melissa. The summer before our senior year we were at a party and she was trying to tell me a story about something that just happened during a beer run. For some reason explaining that this song was playing in the car seemed very important but she couldn't think of the song or group. She explained the song to me by saying it was by the group that had something to do with alcoholism. We were laughing so hard about trying to figure out the group's name that the story was lost.
  • It's the End of the World As We Know It REM
  • Cecilia Simon & Garfunkel
  • Plush Stone Temple Pilots Another group I've always loathed.
  • Shine on You Crazy Diamond Pink Floyd I would say this was Melissa's & my song. We had this whole thing about diamonds vs. rhinestones and called each other diamond. I think one of her mixes is signed with a diamond instead of her name.
  • Because the Night 10,000 Maniacs
  • Love Will Come to You Indigo Girls

Pretty decent mix. I'd still listen to it today (if it wasn't a tape and wasn't sitting in a landfill). It's a shame I probably made some weird eclectic mix for her that she had to fast forward through half of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Caribbean Blue was our wedding song, man how I LOVE that song!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home