Tuesday, June 05, 2007

mix from melissa 1

SEVENTEEN (Happy Birthday Virge!) created on October 7, 1993

Melissa, another one of those people I wonder about and think of often. The last time I saw her was at our 10 year reunion. It's sad how someone can hold you together through one of the roughest times in your life but then stereotypical teenage drama can tear you apart. A few years back, we tried to reconnect and we both apologized for hurting one another, but we never could get that connection back. I know my life's path was necessary to bring me where I am now, but if I could change how the end of my senior year & that last summer before college played out...

Dear Virginia,
This mix was made for you with love on Oct. 7th, 1993. Hope you enjoy it and listen to it often. I love you sweetie.
Much Love,
Melis

Side A
  • I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For U2
  • Prince of Darkness Indigo Girls I wonder if when I'm 50 I'll still think of Melissa when I hear an Indigo Girls song...
  • Am I Right? Erasure
  • China Tori Amos
  • Running on Faith Eric Clapton
  • All My Love Led Zeppelin
  • On the Turning Away Pink Floyd
  • Bridge Over Troubled Water Simon & Garfunkle This song always makes me think of Melissa. I think there was something about it (other than it being on this mix) but I can't remember what.

Side B

  • These Are Days 10,000 Maniacs
  • Wonderful Tonight Eric Clapton What is it with this song? I didn't even remember it was on this mix. It just pops up repeatedly in my life.
  • Every Breath You Take Police
  • Ghost Indigo Girls
  • The Lions Share 10,000 Maniacs
  • Girlfriend in a Coma Smiths
  • Circle Edie Brickell
  • Spiralling Erasure
  • I Will Be Here for You Michael W. Smith
  • How Many Times Erasure
  • Find the River REM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home