Tuesday, June 05, 2007

mix from mark 2

THE (Icculus) Happy Friendly Mix October 20, 1993

This time songs & artists are listed on the same side of the tape insert. On the reverse side it says 17 YEARS AGO... you were annoying people at the top of your lungs. I'm glad nothings changed. The "cover art" would have been a separate piece of paper but I don't know where it is.

Side A
  • Learning to Fly Pink Floyd
  • Horn Phish
  • Losing my Mind Mr. Review I can't really remember what this is - I think it was some weird clip where someone said they were losing their mind and laughed.
  • Living in the Past Jethro Tull Ummm... wow.
  • The Wedge Phish
  • Bittersweet Big Head Todd & the Monsters Good song, but I LOVE "Broken Hearted Savior" which has to be on one of these mixes...
  • Mr. Brownstone Guns and Roses Yuck. A band I've never been able to tolerate. The inclusion of this song fits perfectly into Mark's theory about mix making.

Side B

  • Mound Phish
  • Running to Stand Still U2
  • Tangerine Led Zeppelin
  • Freebird Lynryrd Skynyrd This song always makes me think of Mark, but not because of this mix. While we were together he told me he thought this was a great breakup song. Months later, not long after he broke up with me, I remember us all cutting school for the day and hanging out at a friend's house. He & the girl he cheated on me with were in the room with the stereo and they locked us all out and this song was on continual repeat. The song doesn't make me sad, just embarrassed.
  • Wet My Bed Stone Temple Pilots Another group I've never liked.
  • At this point there is a double sided arrow and "(HEH, HEH...SORRY)" - apparently the song order was reversed here.
  • Cecilia Simon & Garfunkel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home