Wednesday, May 30, 2007

mix from hartley

Tympani Solo October 6, 1993

I wonder what ever happened to Hartley. He was one of my favorite people. Definitely his own person - a hard thing to truly be in high school. I'm sure he had no idea that he was probably one of the biggest influences on my taste in music. I don't know what I would've spoken to Steven about when we first met if it wasn't for the music Hartley introduced me to...

Side A

  • The Bartender's Song Mighty Mighty Bosstones
  • Welcome to the Cheap Seats Wonder Stuff
  • Thanksgiving in Reno (live) Too Much Joy
  • Rise PiL
  • Wendy (live) Descendents
  • Bad Mouth Fugazi
  • Feels so Good 311
  • More Beer Fear
  • Beat Crazy (live) Joe Jackson
  • Sketches of Winkle Ween
  • Pork Roll Egg & Cheese Ween
  • Omnibus XTC
  • Slightly Drunk Squeeze
  • Eskimo Springhouse

Side B

  • King of Beers Too Much Joy This song still makes me smile. It's such a fun song & has fun high school memories attached to it.
  • Golden Dawn Ministry
  • Pretty in Pink Furs Yes, I'm aware this is a "Psychedelic Furs" song but I love how Hartley referred to them just as Furs.
  • Pervert (live) Descendents
  • Magic Too Much Joy
  • Tones of Home Blind Melon
  • Killing Moon Echo & the Bunnymen Hartley put the perfect combination of classic alternative songs and songs that were current on this mix.
  • Have a Beer with Fear Fear
  • Size of a Cow Wonder Stuff
  • It's Different for Girls (live) Joe Jackson
  • Apache Rose Peacock Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • Atom Tan Clash
  • Do You Right 311
  • Harmony Happyhead

I miss Hartley!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home