Wednesday, April 18, 2007

some things to share

When I awoke this morning and the reality of Monday's tragedy came flooding back to me I allowed myself some more wallowing. Steven and I shared our latest thoughts as we fed the boys and I watched the news for about a 1/2 hour. I'm not watching an episode of VH1 Classic's "The Alternative" that I DVR'd over the weekend) as I work on the computer. I read some Tech related stuff but I also decided to deal with some normal stuff like ordering diapers.

Today I'm going to hold myself accountable to do normal stuff all day. Tammy and Murphy are coming over for a playdate (although I suspect our conversation will center heavily on Tech since we're both so passionate about Tech - Murphy's nursery is a Virginia Tech theme). I will clean & do laundry. I will laugh & play with the boys (o-kay, so I've been doing that one the past 2 days anyway). I will NOT spend the day watching news coverage or reading stuff on the Internet. The plan is for us to go to a local memoral service tonight (our actual attendance will depend on the boys cooperation) but other than that I will try to return to normalcy. I find myself slipping into the obsessively sad state I so easily get into and I can't allow that.

Before I disappear for the day I will post some things I want to share. After posting them I will close the laptop and begin the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home