Friday, April 27, 2007

my mix tapes 3

The You Are Alive Mix created on April 18, 1993

I assume there were other tapes I made between August `92 and April `93 but I didn't have any in the box. I'm not certain what this title refers to but this might have been around the time I went into therapy. Now that I'm thinking about the date I think I'd been in therapy for a few months at this point. The more I think about the memories wrapped up with these songs the more I'm remembering. I'd guess the title referred to somebody else (I think I know who it was but that's their's to share, not mine).

Side A
  • Mercedes Benz Janis Joplin
  • Ode to Billy Joe Bobbie Gentry
  • Casey Jones Grateful Dead
  • Brown Eyed Girl Van Morrison
  • Piece of My Heart Janis Joplin
  • Walking in London Concrete Blonde
  • Two Princes Spin Doctors
  • Uncle John's Band Grateful Dead
  • Me and Bobby McGee Janis Joplin
  • Love Sundays
  • Thank You Tori Amos

Side B

  • Indian Princess Thoughts of Brahma (This was my friend Terri's boyfriend's band. I think this song was about her. They're one of my favorite couples and have one of those "against the odds" love stories complete with the happy ending.)
  • Look What the Cat Drug In Michael Penn
  • Happy Phantom Tori Amos
  • Trust in Me Janis Joplin
  • Love Will Come Indigo Girls
  • Wild Horses Sundays
  • Stolen Thoughts of Brahma
  • I Want to be Your Friend Again Concrete Blonde (I think this song was a reference to the "intervention" some childhood friends had for me. They told me they didn't like the things I was doing at the time and that they couldn't be my friends anymore if I kept doing them. Bless their good intentioned hearts but the end result was we stopped being friends for awhile and I spent more time with the people they didn't approve of.)
  • Ghost Indigo Girls
  • Sounds of Silence Simon & Garfunkel
  • Joking Indigo Girls
  • Scarborough Fair/Canticle Simon & Garfunkel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home