Friday, April 27, 2007

mix from emily

To Virge Love Emily created Summer 1993

Em. One of the friends I lost in college when I cut off some unhealthy ties I had with a group from home. She wasn't an unhealthy connection but when I removed myself from those friends I did it without caution and lost some really beautiful people. This mix makes me miss her.

Side A "Go Girl!"
  • These Are Days 10,000 Maniacs (The only date on this is "summer 1993" so I'm not sure if this was made before Dyllis, Melissa, Emily & I went to the 10,000 Maniacs concert. Wow. This is making me really nostalgic.)
  • Left of Center Suzanne Vega
  • Everybody Knows Concrete Blonde
  • Goodbye Sundays
  • Deadbeat Club B-52's
  • Baby I Can Hold You Tracy Chapman
  • For Love Lush
  • Trouble Me 10,000 Maniacs
  • Feed the Tree Belly
  • Love Will Come to You Indigo Girls (I'm crying now. I think I know why she made this mix for me. I had some amazing friends and they helped me through some horribly dark times. I only hope I was half as good a friend to them as they were to me and that sometimes they think of me in good terms. Probably not.)
  • Circle Edie Brickell & the New Bohemians
  • Love Sundays

B "12 un-icky boys" side

  • Fure Blast (Emily was very creative and I love this cover. At this point she switched to writing the artist 1st and the song 2nd.)
  • De La Soul Bitties in the B.K. Lounge (I have to find this song. I only have a vague recollection of it, but it's making me smile.)
  • Soul Asylum Runaway Train
  • Replacements Nobody
  • Soup Dragons Forever Yesterday
  • Morrissey Everyday is Like Sunday
  • Santo & Johnny Sleepwalk
  • Lemonheads Confetti
  • Sting Shape of My Heart
  • Midnight Oil Drums of Heaven
  • REM Find the River
  • Violent Femmes Good Feeling

Getting a little too sad here so I'll stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home