Tuesday, April 17, 2007

how many more tears?

The boys & I had a playdate this morning which forced me to take a much needed break from the tv. I'm home now and back to depressing myself. My heart broke again as I watched the interviews with Liviu Librescu's son and Ryan Clark's twin brother.

I wish the national media outlets were covering this as well as our local NBC station, WSLS. Their coverage is focusing on the stories of those involved and the Hokie Spirit. Most of them are wearing some form of maroon or orange - even the staff in the background seem to be wearing it (except for one meterologist, didn't he know someone who could at least lend him a maroon tie?). Every once in awhile one of them mentions something personal, such as "this morning my husband left me a note saying it was very windy outside and it must be the wings of all those new Hokie angels." I complained very loudly when our satellite company took away our distant (NY & LA) stations. Right now I am so grateful for my locals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home