Friday, April 07, 2006

what doesn't kill us...

... tears our hearts into tiny pieces.

Three times our profile has been shown. Three times someone else has been been selected. I can't begin to explain the way my whole body and soul ache.

Number of months I've not been pregnant since going off the pill: 39
Number of times we've been rejected: 3

42 times I've been ripped in 2.

I'm repeating my request that people don't tell me platitudes about God's plan and there's a child out there for us. I know this. I believe these things but they no longer make me feel any better. I won't feel better until we build our family.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every now and then -- sometimes way too often -- I fall into one of those cracks left by the little bitty pieces and I don't even want to come out to try to put my heart back together again. I don't understand YOUR pain, but I DO UNDERSTAND pain-- make not doubt about it. So when I pray, I pray for pain, MINE and those I know and love who are suffering like you are and have been. I love you -- even if that doesn't help the pain right now.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you and Steven and will hold your hand and hold you in prayer for as long or short as it takes. Mom

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home