Friday, March 31, 2006

why can't i keep my mouth shut?


Do you ever regret an entire conversation?

Since today was a teacher workday a bunch of us went out for lunch. During lunch the conversation somehow turned to what we were like in high school/college. I started out with the sense to keep my mouth shut but eventually someone asked me. I bluntly said I probably wouldn't have been friends with anyone at the table ("I was a cheerleader", "I was a jock", etc.) After that I seemed to lose the sense of what I should and shouldn't say and I alluded to having done things some of them wouldn't approve of. Questions began and since one of the girls graduated from high school with Steven I let more information out about Steven's and my pasts than I should have. I wasn't stupid enough to spill my whole history but I said enough to start some more rumors (I swear last year, my comment about having a girl crush on Shanna Moakler started a rumor that I'm a lesbian and that's why Steven and I haven't been able to conceive).

I should have followed the lead of the girl who wasn't saying anything other than "I was a jock in high school" since I know from previous conversations I was a saint compared to her. This will come back to haunt me. If nothing else the "Queen Bee" will have one more reason to be mean to me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what were you drinking that they weren't? The bottom line is most likely that you were the only honest person at the table. Now you will remember why you are supposed to listen and not talk when "the past" is the subject.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Babs said...

oh virge.... i know the feeling.


: ))

9:43 AM  
Blogger tita said...

Well, I talked before I could walk so an old woman told your grandmother that "my tongue would ALWAYS get me in trouble." Yep it's true.df auntie

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home