Monday, February 27, 2006

selling our house

As I drove up to our house today and saw the newly placed "For Sale" sign outside, my heart panged a little. I'm excited over the prospect of a bigger, newer house but I'm saddened at the thought of leaving this one. It's been such a great house. I would buy it all over again in a heartbeat.

I love the dogwood trees. I love our mailbox post (a former neighbor painted it) and the flowers I've planted around the mailbox. I love the size of our bedroom, the beautiful bay window in it and the two walk-in closets. I love the size of our kitchen, the colors of our kitchen (although I hated painting all that wood white), the plant window in it and the corner shelf where I have a plant sitting. I love the gardenia bush next to our kitchen door and the glass in the front door. And certainly not least of all, I love the mortgage payment on our 15 year mortgage.

Hmmm...maybe I should have posted about the things I don't like about our house instead.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I should now stop thinking that I will get to see your gardenia bush which I have envied for some time bloom.

Maybe I should just buy the house so that we can move in near you. We don't really need a big house anymore.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Babs said...

yes - please move into her old house.
then ya'll can be in the same place when i visit.
is there anything for sale in your neighborhood. perhaps a lot we could place a shack on? hehehe

4:42 PM  
Blogger virge said...

Barbara, you can buy our house. Mom, you and dad can buy the big house that's out of our price range (the one we put the low bid offer on) and then we'll all live in the same neighborhood!

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home