Friday, January 20, 2006

progress

I finally feel like we are making progress towards building our family!

Steven and I attended a "Newborn Care Class" at the hospital on Monday night. This was great because it felt like something everyone does before starting a family. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone had ever taken the class there who wasn't pregnant and they couldn't quite seem to figure out what to do with us. It was a small class (4 couples, including us, and a single woman). There were several awkward moments and some that just made me sad and feel a longing to be a mother.

Tomorrow we have an "Infant/Child CPR" class. I don't really know what to expect with this one, but I imagine there will be some awkwardness with this one too since it wouldn't let me register online without entering my due date, physician and labor coach. Obviously I had to make up stuff for those spaces and explain our situation in the "Comments" section.

My greatest excitement is that after our class tomorrow we're going to pick up our crib! Yeah! I can't wait to get home and watch Steven assemble it. I'm anxious to put the bedding in it and really begin transforming the room into a nursery (currently it has returned to junk room status with boxes of Christmas decorations littering the floor).

On Monday our new social worker is coming over for our Home Study Update Visit. The key word in that sentence is new. The agency handling our Home Study explained that the social worker who worked with us before is still having some issues so they assigned us a new one. I feel for our original social worker and pray that whatever is happening in her life works out but I feel reassured knowing we will be working with someone else from now on. Hopefully this time our documents will be turned in correctly and on time.

It's a nice change to feel like we're moving forward instead of standing still.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home