Monday, October 10, 2005

digging to China



After the Sesame Street special where Big Bird and company dug to China my friends and I tried to do the same. We dug some decent sized holes for elementary school children but never quite reached it. Now I've learned that we wouldn't have even made it to China but instead would have ended up in Australia (as should have Big Bird since I think Sesame Street is in NYC)!

Using this site you too can find out where you would "come out" if you dug a hole all the way through the earth.

Start digging!

3 Comments:

Blogger Babs said...

at least you would end up on land.
i am in the middle of the indian ocean

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it always a good thing to destroy myths? I liked the idea of China. It has more mystery than Australia.

6:53 AM  
Blogger virge said...

Digging is such a cheap mode of transportation and since I've never been to either country I have no real complaints about ending up in Australia instead of China.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home