Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Casey's personality

Right now I am pondering animal cruelty. Not so much in a depressing way but more in a "How idiotic can some people be?" type of way. There are people who treat animals inhumanely out of cruelty and then there are those who do it because they don't think animals deserve decent treatment. The people who think that animals are unintelligent and have no emotional characteristics or personality traits baffle me.

I'm watching my beagle, Casey, run up and down the stairs and I can't help but be amazed at how intelligent she is (and that's more than just a proud mama bias). It's an hour until her dinnertime and she thinks that I'm the one who is stupid and doesn't realize it's time to feed her. We go through this everyday. She runs around and tries to "lure" me into the kitchen to feed her. If I'm sorting laundry she might grab a sock and run into the kitchen with it. If I'm watching tv she'll jump, nip at the air and then run towards the kitchen. In her mind she thinks she can trick me into the kitchen by making me think I'm playing with her. She has more intelligence then some people I've met and definitely more personality!

I will never understand how anyone can say animals don't have distinct personalities, display intelligence or deserve ethical treatment.

They just need to spend 10 minutes in my house and meet Miss. Casey!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget all the comfort and unconditional love that comes from our pets. I also demand equal time for Max.

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home