Thursday, September 08, 2005

what i want to be in my next life

In my next life I'd like to be a soap opera doctor.

They finish med school in less than a year without ever having to leave the town they grew up in, they only have to "do something" once a month or so, they can perform tricky life-saving heart surgeries one minute, become leading fertility experts the next and are always there to diagnose and treat that month's character with amnesia.

Most days I'm lucky if I feel I taught one child a single skill yet soap opera doctors are clearly masters of everything and that's why I'm going to be one in my next life.

Of course, that's after I attend the University of Texas...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to be a pet communicator or a pet therapist. I can pretty much make up what the pet thinks and who can prove otherwise. Besides I really can understand what they are thinking and help them through any emotional crisis they might be having.

8:17 PM  
Blogger virge said...

You've already shown your skills at translating Casey's communications about how we starve and abuse her.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got to take better care of that dog before I report you. She looks like a waifdog model. Not only that but you publish pictures on flickr of her bed stolen by her brother. There is plenty of evidence.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home