Monday, September 05, 2005

speak

I am not going to fool myself and think the movie will be as amazing as the book was, but I am eagerly looking forward tonight to watching the movie Speak. It's on Lifetime so I'm sure it'll be a cheesy version but if it's even half as powerful as the book it will be worth watching. While it isn't my all time favorite book (The Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan holds that distinction) the book moved me like no other book in recent memory. I had to read it for one of my graduate classes about young adult literature. When I finished it I cried tears of sadness mixed with those of satisfaction. I remember my emotional reaction being so powerful that I went to the bathroom to cry. I wanted the solace of an undisturbed cry. I don't expect that everyone who reads the book/sees the movie will have as strong a reaction as I did but I would be disappointed in anyone who knows me not being moved by the experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home