Wednesday, September 07, 2005

my new orleans pic on ms. judy's house of fun


Last week I received a very nice request to use one of my Flickr photos on a blog. Ms. Judy's House of Fun has a post using one of my New Orleans pics from a few years ago. It's one of the pics from when we were down in January 2000 for the Sugar Bowl and were fortunate enough to witness a jazz funeral. A large group of us went out for a nice lunch and were waiting for a table at a restaraunt on Bourbon Street when someone gave us the hint to request a table on the balcony since a jazz funeral procession was expected before too long. A town councilman had recently passed away and the procession was amazing. It truly was just like in the movies with the umbrellas, people dancing, the horse drawn carraige, etc. One of the unexpected highlights of the trip. I am honored that Ms. Judy wanted to use my picture in such a touching manner.

2 Comments:

Blogger Babs said...

how fun, does this mean you have been published??
hehe

1:05 PM  
Blogger virge said...

I'd like to think I was first published when I was only 11 years old by a small publishing firm called Panoras Inc.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home