Thursday, September 01, 2005

college football season

(I feel the need to qualify here that I do realize more important things are going on in the world. Work sucks right now, we're talking about taking out a stupid home equity loan so that we can afford to remove some of our damn pine trees, the tv and radio make me simultaneously angry and sad, babies are dying, people are shooting at police officers... However, I'm going to allow myself some frivolity at the moment as I say...)

College football season has begun!


Less than 72 hours until we go to NC State to watch the Hokies play! I'm not going to pretend that I love football as much as my husband does (he's been like a kid anticipating Christmas, I promise he won't sleep a bit on Saturday night) but it is one of my favorite things. But that's enough talking about it. It's time to go downstairs and watch the South Carolina game!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Judy said...

Speaking of football, I went to the first game of the season tonight at the mid-sized university where I work. Actually, the reason I'm posting here is to let you know I sent a message to your Flickr acct abt using one of your photos.

Thanks,
Judy
http://msjudyshouse.blogspot.com/

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is awesome! Why don't you check out my new site a fool is born everyday and sign up for your own limitless spam, adware, and viruses.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Babs said...

yay for football. i am just so excited that the fall is coming.
yay!!!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

hooray football!
I can't wait to yell at the TV. :)
also, hooray for patty griffin...I see that your blog title is from one of her songs.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for Tech football. I am already packing for our trip to see them play Georgia Tech. I must confess I do not love all football only when "extra special" teams are playing.

12:57 PM  
Blogger virge said...

I love college football, "extra special teams" and Patty Griffin. I don't know about loving cat furniture discounters though since I like to buy my invisible cats their furniture at full price.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home